I can’t believe it’s been over three weeks since I last posted. Major writer fail on my part! But I’m back and I think I’m at a point where I have time somewhat under control again. Since it’s been so long since I’ve been around, I thought I’d do a quick summary of what’s been going on these past few weeks.
- I have a widget!
- Isn’t it pretty? And useful, too. It lets me know there are only 55 days until The Shadow Reader hits the shelves. I am both excited and terrified. Excited because, hello! My book is finally going to be really real! Plus, I can’t wait for people to read McKenzie’s story. But I’m also terrified because what if nobody reads her story? Or worse, what if the dozen or so people who do read it hate it? Oh, yes, I’m already having nightmares about that.
- I’m still working on the sequel to TSR (deadline is November 1st!), and I’m getting excited about it again. I love where the story is going, and if I can pull off all the excruciating drama, I think readers will love it, too.
- Another thing that’s exciting? There are a lot of copies of TSR galleys up for grabs! Comment here by September 7th, here by September 12th, or enter the Goodreads giveaway by September 15th!
- Babies are doing great! They’re six and a half weeks old. Boy #2 is starting to play. He bats at toys and Boy #1, who mostly ignores him. Both are smiling some, but beware! If #1 smiles, better grab a burp cloth!
- The nanny started last week, which is why I have time semi-under control again. Love her! And it’s great to have a break from all the diaper changing.
- I’m trying my hand at couponing. I don’t have time to do the whole extreme couponing thing, but I have to find ways to tighten the budget. I went to the store the other day for two boxes of diapers, two canisters of formula, and a package of wet wipe refills. All this cost $100. I kid you not. And the sad thing? Those diapers and wipes might last a week.
- Watched a news segment on the International Space Station. We have astronauts up there right now. Reporter mentioned they have to go home via a Russian ship since we’ve cancelled our shuttle program because all our shuttles were old and becoming unsafe. Question: are Russian shuttles any safer than our shuttles were?
- I am loving this season of Entourage! I’m sad this is the show’s last season. I love the inside look at Hollywood. Also, I have a surprising crush on Turtle.
- I smell baby poo. I’m not near the babies or even the diaper genie right now. *am disturbed*