Typically, when a new year starts, I list my top books of the previous year, but I read so few books in 2011 that I might as well just list all thirteen of them.
In order of date read (all links go to my Goodreads reviews):
- A Brush of Darkness by Allison Pang
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins Loved this book! Which is surprising considering I very rarely enjoy contemporary books. This is a contemporary YA, and it’s just the sweetest story ever. I just checked out the sequel (audiobook), Lola and the Boy Next Door, from my library. Hoping I love it just as much!
- Goddess of the Hunt by Tessa Dare My first Tessa Dare book. I liked it well enough to be interested in more of the author’s books.
- Song of Scarabaeus by Sara Creasy A good sci-fi read. I’m interested in the next book, but hope there’s more romance!
- Enemy Within by Marcella Burnard Sci-fi romance! Woohoo! Very satisfying read.
- Shaedes of Gray by Amanda Bonilla Awesome kickass heroine!
- Collision Course by Zoe Archer I don’t read many ebooks, but I picked this one up because I’d heard good things about the author and was in the mood for a sci-fi romance. If you need a laugh, read Felicia Day’s review. (I enjoyed it more than Felicia did, but I love her reviews!)
- The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter This is one of those series that I really, really want to love, but just like JR Ward’s books, for some reason, it doesn’t completely grab me. I like it okay; I just don’t love it, and that makes me feel like a big failure as a UF/PR fan.
- Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer by Kristen Lamb Kristen Lamb is a social media guru. I read this back when I was pregnant and trying to figure out what to do with my blog and website. It has some good ideas, most of which she talks about on her blog.
- Eat, Sleep, Poop by Scott Cohen I HIGHLY recommend this book to first time parents.
- Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett Have you read this yet? If not, get ye to the book store!
- Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn Oh, how I love Julia Quinn! This wasn’t my favorite book of hers, but it was still sweet and awesome and totally what I was in the mood for.
- A Lady’s Lesson in Scandal by Meredith Duran Yikes! I haven’t written a Goodreads review for this. I loved it! I love all of Meredith’s books. If you like historical romance at all, you should definitely give her a try. She’s one of the best, IMO.
So, there’s my sad list of books read in 2011. Fortunately, I enjoyed all of them, though I must say, I think Anna and the French Kiss was my favorite. It was so good it kept me from eating breakfast when I was pregnant!
Were any of these books on your 2011 read list? What was your favorite book of 2011?