Sandy Williams

Shark Tank and One Sole
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012
Filed under personal

A few years ago when my husband and I were living in London, we started watching a program called Dragon’s Den. We really enjoyed it, and not just because it was the only thing on besides Friends (seriously, they showed Friends all the time over there!), but it was interesting. The gist of the show is that a man or woman is looking for funds for their business. A panel of millionaires listens to their presentation and decides whether or not they want to invest. Two things make this show a win for me:

1. We get to see new business ideas.

2. We get to see how millionaires make decisions on whether to invest in something or not.

Super cool, right?

Turns out, they imported this show to the U.S.! They call it the Shark Tank here. (Who knows why? I prefer the name Dragon’s Den.)

Anywho, this lady presented to the sharks the other day. She has a business called One Sole. She has shoes which have interchangable tops! Supposedly, the shoes are comfortable.

A sampling of some tops:

I should say, I’m not a shoe fan. I mean, I like wearing them and everything, but I hate spending money on them, so 99.9% of the time, I’m wearing tennis shoes or my black Puma’s. But occasionally, I do need to dress up a bit more, and since I’m thinking about what I’m going to pack for the RT Booklovers Convention, One Sole seems like a great idea. I can pack one pair of shoes and a few tops!

I really, really want to find a pair to try on, but it looks like they only sale them in boutiques. Boo.

Do any of you have One Soles or something similar? Totally love the concept.

6 comments to “Shark Tank and One Sole”

1. michelle
      · February 11th, 2012 at 5:18 am · Link

These look a little more casual…and possibly more involved-lol- but this is the closest I’ve ever seen to what you posted. I’ve seen similiar things (might even have been this Dikasas brand) at those little kiosks in malls. Can I get a sequel to Shadow walker…? ;-p

• michelle
      1.1
        · February 11th, 2012 at 5:21 am · Link

Of course I meant Shadow Reader…all this shoe talk got my mind on walking. Hehe

2. Sandy Williams
    Sandy Williams
      · February 16th, 2012 at 6:32 pm · Link

heh Shadow Walker. Might make an interesting title for a future McKenzie book. ;-)

I’m STILL working on the sequel. One of these days, I’ll actually be finished with it!

3. Amanda
      · March 5th, 2012 at 1:26 am · Link

I love Shark Tank, it’s a great reasource for entrepreneurs! I’ve had a few business ideas myself but am never sure if they’re good enough to “make” it. I recently read a book titled “HOT or NOT: How to Know if Your Business Idea Will Fly or Fail”, and it helped me pin point the areas of weakness in my idea so I could work on them before trying to find investors. If any of you other aspiring entrepreneurs out there would like some help, I’d definitely recommend checking this book out! http://www.amazon.ca/Hot-Prof-Sean-Evan-Wise/dp/1468024493/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330874015&sr=8-1

4. Shoe mama
      · August 22nd, 2012 at 11:57 am · Link

Onesoles are sold at various Costco stores now at a great price! And comfy
    :wink: :wink:

Sandy Williams
      4.1
        · August 29th, 2012 at 11:51 am · Link

Ooh, really? I’ll have to see if my Costco is carrying them! Thanks for the info!