Hi, guys! I’m back! I turned in edits for The Shattered Dark on Friday after working nonstop for the last month. Well, okay, I slept and ate and watched the boys for a few minutes here and there, but seriously, I was basically working 12 hours a day 7 days a week since the beginning of March. I was practically doing the same thing in January and February, too, but I made time for grocery shopping then and did go out once or twice with the family/friends. So, am I tired? Yes. Utterly exhausted and pretty much near urnout
with the writing thing.
At least, I was on Friday, and on Thursday, I was in a near fetal position because I was so, so sick of the book, and so, so stressed out trying to get it turned in on time. Oddly, though, on Sunday, I already had the itch to start working on it again. On it, and on other projects. So, hurray! I still love writing!!!
I’m trying to force myself to take the next two weeks off. I really need the break, and I really, really need to catch up on life. A while back, I was posting a list of weekly goals here, and I’m going to try that again. I’m changing it to the To-Do list, though, because so often, I don’t cross everything off on the list, and not crossing off a to-do doesn’t seem as big a FAIL as not crossing off a goal. At least, it doesn’t in my mind.
1. Catch up on emails! (I’m so far behind on this. Like, two months behind, I think. This is my top priority this week.)
2. Get a hair cut! (I haven’t had one since before the boys were born. So the last one was almost nine months ago. I’m thinking of getting some highlights this time.)
3. Finish labeling the pantry. (I organized the pantry a couple of months ago, but didn’t finish because of the book. This shouldn’t take long to do.)
4. Shop. (I cleaned out my closet three weeks ago, tossing into a box anything that I hadn’t worn in two years and the clothes I really just didn’t like. So, um, now I don’t have anything to wear. Yes, it’s that
bad. I have maybe 3 or 4 short sleeve t-shirts that are decent to wear out, and the rest are Hard Rock Café and band t-shirts. I’m not in my 20s anymore, and I had twins. I need decent clothes that fit! Oh, and I need clothes for the RT Convention!)
5. Write quarterly newsletter! (You can sign up for it here.)
I did do one writing related thing this weekend. I signed books Friday evening at the Texas Two Step Conference. It was a lot of fun! And I snuck away from my table for a minute to pick up a couple of autographed books. Mari Mancusi was there, so I grabbed a signed copy of The Blood Coven Vampires, Volume 1, which is an omnibus of her books, Boys That Bite and Stake That. To enter, just leave a comment telling me what you hope to accomplish this week. I’ll choose a winner next Monday, April 9th!
Also, I’m giving away another signed book on the Magic & Mayhem site! Hop on over there to enter to win Marshal of Hel Dorado, a paranormal western by my writer-friend, Heather Long. Yes, you read that correctly – a paranormal western!