Yep, yep. I’m totally regressing here. No more weekly goals because, well, I obviously can’t keep up with posting that much, even when I do accomplish them. So I’m going to attempt to do monthly goals. Not sure if it’ll work out, but hey, it’s worth a shot, right?
Without further ado, here’s what I hope to accomplish this month!
1. Update my website. I really need to put up information on The Shattered Dark! I’d like to add a Fae to English translation guide, too, and the map of the Realm, and maybe a character list, but I’m going to start with just The Shattered Dark info for June.
2. Blog every Monday at the Magic & Mayhem Writers blog. I’m so horrible at keeping up with this!
3. Write 15,000 words. I really should write 20k a month, but I’m trying to make this a realistic goal that I can actually achieve.
4. Organize the office. Two weeks ago, I went through my bookshelves and packed up six boxes of books to get rid of. I only read on my Kindle now, so I’m looking at print books at collector’s items. I’m only keeping the ones that I NEED to have on my shelves. All the others are gone, even if I enjoyed the book. Now I need to rearrange what’s left on the shelves and get the clutter under control. Also, I have a ton of papers that I need to go through and shred. Some of them date back seven years ago when we first moved into this house!
5. Create a Warranties Binder and an Important Documents Binder. This kind of goes along with #4. It always takes me forever to find warranty info or documents I need, mostly because I’ve been such a disorganized person for the last 30 years. I can’t fix this overnight, but I can take small steps in the right direction.
6. Create a written promo plan. I did zero promo for The Shadow Reader. I was such a miserable, depressed mess during my pregnancy, and afterwards I was trying to figure out how to be a mom and write a book at the same time. Something had to give. Actually, a lot of things had to give, so I did a couple of interviews and guest posts around release date and that was it. I’d really like to do something more with this book release. Something fun!
7. Plan the boys’ first birthday! It’s just over a month away! I need to get on this!