First, the winner from the giveaway two weeks ago is:
Email me your address at sandy AT sandy DASH williams DOT com and I’ll send you an autographed copy of Mari Mancusi’s THE BLOOD COVEN. 🙂
I had every intention of updating the blog last week with a real post instead of just a quick one, but getting ready for the RT Convention sucked away every second of my free time. Actually, it was probably the babies that sucked away the seconds, but still. I thought about getting ready for Chicago a whole lot! So, I didn’t get a chance to update my goals from two weeks ago. I did pretty well on them!
Two Week’s Ago Goals (there is so much wrong with the grammar in this heading!)
1. Catch up on emails! (I’m so far behind on this. Like, two months behind, I think. This is my top priority this week.) I caught up on reader emails. Yay! I didn’t catch up on ALL emails, but I feel a big weight lifted off my shoulders after sending the last reader email, so I’m crossing this off the list. 2. Get a hair cut! (I haven’t had one since before the boys were born. So the last one was almost nine months ago. I’m thinking of getting some highlights this time.) Did this on Tuesday! It’s not the greatest haircut I’ve ever had, but much better than the scraggly, nine months-no-trim thing I had going before.
3. Finish labeling the pantry. (I organized the pantry a couple of months ago, but didn’t finish because of the book. This shouldn’t take long to do.) I would have finished this, but I could not find the rest of my labels. I looked at least three different times for them. I guess that’s okay, though, since I wasn’t 100% in love with the Martha Stewart Labels I bought, mostly b/c I had to write “Rice” and “Pasta” etc on them, and my handwriting is awful. I’m going to print off labels from the Better Homes and Gardens website.
4. Shop. (I cleaned out my closet three weeks ago, tossing into a box anything that I hadn’t worn in two years and the clothes I really just didn’t like. So, um, now I don’t have anything to wear. Yes, it’s that bad. I have maybe 3 or 4 short sleeve t-shirts that are decent to wear out, and the rest are Hard Rock Café and band t-shirts. I’m not in my 20s anymore, and I had twins. I need decent clothes that fit! Oh, and I need clothes for the RT Convention!) Success! Found a pair of gray pants that fit, and black pants. Or so I thought about the black pants. I swear the fit when I bought them, but they were a bit big at the con. I kept having to pull them up! Better than to small, though, right? And I found nice, comfy shoes that didn’t hurt my feet. I will say, though, that I totally could have felt comfortable wearing jeans the whole time. Many authors were. I think I’ll only wear slacks next year if I’m doing something official-y. 5. Write quarterly newsletter! (You can sign up for it here.) Written and sent!
Not too bad, right? I think this is the best I’ve done with my goals this year. Hopefully, it’s the start of a trend.
This Week’s Goals
1. Create a meal plan for the next week.
2. Write three blog posts. (I really, really need to write blogs in advance or they don’t get done!)
3. Finish edits on TSD. (I’ll get copy edits back soon, but there are some things in the second half that need to be tweaked, and I’d like to give the full manuscript a complete read before I work on the copy edits.)
4. Finish labeling the pantry. (Since I can’t find those damn labels, I’ll print my own as I mentioned. I think I’ll need to make a trip to Target or Michael’s to “laminate” them and get a couple of other things. I’ll try to post a before and after pic.)
5. Cook at least one Deadline Dinner! (I’ll post more on “Deadline Dinners” later.)